As the old saying goes, “you are what you eat”. And if you’re looking to improve your health and well-being, it’s important to pay attention to the foods you’re putting into your body. One way to do that is by incorporating more alkaline foods into your diet.
So, what are alkaline foods? Simply put, they’re foods that have a pH level above 7.0, which makes them less acidic and more alkaline. And while it’s important to have a balance of both acidic and alkaline foods in your diet, consuming more alkaline foods can have a number of health benefits, including improved digestion, increased energy, and reduced inflammation.
If you’re ready to add more alkaline foods to your grocery list, here are 9 options to consider:
1. Leafy Greens – Spinach, kale, collard greens, and other leafy greens are high in alkaline minerals and packed with nutrients like iron, calcium, and vitamin C.
2. Cruciferous Vegetables – Broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, and cabbage are all alkaline vegetables that are great sources of fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
3. Almonds – Almonds are a great source of healthy fats, protein, and alkaline minerals like magnesium and calcium.
4. Avocado – Avocado is a superfood that’s high in healthy fats, fiber, and alkaline minerals like potassium.
5. Lemons – While lemons are acidic on their own, they have an alkalizing effect on the body once they’re metabolized. Plus, they’re a great source of vitamin C.
6. Cucumbers – Cucumbers are a hydrating and alkaline vegetable that’s high in vitamins and minerals.
7. Watermelon – Watermelon is a juicy and refreshing alkaline fruit that’s high in antioxidants and vitamins.
8. Ginger – Ginger is a powerful anti-inflammatory and alkaline spice that can be used in a variety of dishes.
9. Quinoa – Quinoa is a high-protein, alkaline grain that’s gluten-free and easy to digest.
Incorporating more alkaline foods into your diet doesn’t have to be difficult or overwhelming. Start by adding a few of these options to your grocery list each week and experimenting with new recipes and flavor combinations. Your body will thank you for it!