As someone who suffers from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), it can be tough to find meal prep recipes that won’t trigger my symptoms. That’s why I’ve compiled a list of 7 Low FODMAP Meal Prep Recipes for Busy Weekdays that are both delicious and gut-friendly.
1. Mediterranean Quinoa Salad: This colorful salad is packed with veggies and protein-rich quinoa, making it a filling and nutritious option for lunch or dinner. Plus, it’s easy to make in bulk and lasts for several days in the fridge.
2. Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry: Stir-fries are a great way to use up leftover veggies and protein. This recipe uses low FODMAP veggies like bell peppers and bok choy, along with chicken and a flavorful sauce made with soy sauce, ginger, and sesame oil.
3. Turkey and Sweet Potato Chili: Chili is a classic meal prep option because it’s easy to make in large batches and freezes well. This recipe uses ground turkey and sweet potatoes for a hearty and nutritious meal.
4. Low FODMAP Sushi Bowls: Sushi can be a tricky option for those following a low FODMAP diet, but these sushi bowls are a great alternative. They’re made with sushi rice, cucumber, avocado, and your choice of protein (like canned tuna or cooked shrimp).
5. Greek Yogurt and Berry Parfaits: Meal prep doesn’t have to be all about savory meals. These yogurt and berry parfaits are a great option for breakfast or a midday snack. They’re made with lactose-free Greek yogurt and low FODMAP fruits like strawberries and blueberries.
6. Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies: Sheet pan meals are a lifesaver on busy weeknights. This recipe uses chicken, bell peppers, and carrots seasoned with a mix of herbs and spices.
7. Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs: If you’re looking for a low-carb meal prep option, try spaghetti squash and meatballs. The meatballs can be made ahead of time and frozen, while the spaghetti squash can be roasted and stored in the fridge for several days.
These 7 Low FODMAP Meal Prep Recipes for Busy Weekdays are sure to make your life easier and your gut happier. Give them a try and let us know which one is your favorite!