The carnivore diet is becoming increasingly popular among health enthusiasts, and for good reason. This diet cuts out all plant-based foods and focuses solely on animal products such as meat, fish, and eggs. While it may sound restrictive, many people have found success with this way of eating, claiming benefits such as weight loss, improved digestion, and increased energy levels.
However, sticking to the carnivore diet while eating out can be a challenge. Most restaurants offer a variety of plant-based options, and it can be tempting to stray from the diet. But fear not, here are 8 tips for sticking to the carnivore diet while eating out:
1. Research the restaurant beforehand: Before heading out to eat, do some research on the restaurant’s menu. Look for meat-centric options and see if they can be customized to fit the carnivore diet.
2. Speak to the server: Don’t be afraid to speak to your server about your dietary restrictions. Explain that you follow the carnivore diet and ask for recommendations on meat-based dishes.
3. Avoid sauces and dressings: Many sauces and dressings contain sugar and other non-carnivore friendly ingredients. Ask for your meat to be cooked plain or with minimal seasoning.
4. Choose fatty cuts of meat: Fatty cuts of meat such as ribeye or brisket are not only delicious but also fit within the carnivore diet guidelines.
5. Order a side of eggs: Eggs are a great addition to any carnivore meal and can be ordered as a side dish at most restaurants.
6. Skip the bread: Bread is a no-go on the carnivore diet, so ask for it to be removed from any sandwiches or burgers.
7. Bring your own condiments: If you’re someone who likes to add condiments to your meat, consider bringing your own. This way, you can ensure that they are free from any non-carnivore friendly ingredients.
8. Don’t be afraid to ask for substitutions: Most restaurants are willing to make substitutions to accommodate dietary restrictions. Don’t be afraid to ask for a side of bacon instead of potatoes or a salad without the croutons.
By following these tips, you can stick to the carnivore diet while still enjoying a meal out with friends or family. Remember, the key is to be prepared and communicate your dietary needs with your server. Happy carnivore dining!