Are you tired of feeling sluggish during your runs? Do you want to increase your speed and endurance? Look no further than these 7 bootcamp exercises that will have you sprinting past the competition in no time.
1. High Knees: This exercise not only increases your running speed, it also strengthens your hip flexors and improves your overall balance. Simply stand in place and lift your knees up to waist height, alternating between legs as quickly as you can.
2. Jump Squats: Squats are a great way to strengthen your lower body, but adding a jump to the movement takes it to the next level. Start in a squat position and explode upward, jumping as high as you can. Land softly and immediately go back into a squat position, repeating the movement for a set number of reps.
3. Burpees: This total body exercise will not only improve your running speed, but also your overall strength and endurance. Start in a standing position, drop down to a push-up position, jump your feet back up to your hands, and then jump as high as you can. Repeat for a set number of reps.
4. Lateral Bounds: This exercise mimics the lateral movement you use while running and improves your balance and agility. Start in a squat position and jump to the side as far as you can, landing softly and immediately jumping back to the other side.
5. Mountain Climbers: This exercise targets your core and upper body, while also improving your speed and endurance. Start in a push-up position and bring one knee up towards your chest, alternating between legs as quickly as you can.
6. Box Jumps: Similar to jump squats, box jumps require explosive power from your lower body. Find a sturdy box or bench and jump onto it, landing softly and immediately jumping back down. Repeat for a set number of reps.
7. Plank Jacks: This exercise targets your core and improves your overall stability while running. Start in a plank position and jump your feet out to the sides, then back in, repeating the movement for a set number of reps.
Incorporate these 7 bootcamp exercises into your training routine and watch your running speed and endurance soar. Remember to always warm up properly and listen to your body to avoid injury. Happy running!