Resistance training is a fantastic way to build strength, increase muscle mass, improve bone density, and enhance overall fitness. But what if you don’t have access to a gym or fancy equipment? Fear not, because we’ve got you covered with 10 resistance training workouts you can do anywhere, anytime.
1. Push-ups: This classic exercise targets your chest, triceps, and shoulders. Start in a plank position with your hands shoulder-width apart, lower your body until your chest grazes the floor, then push back up.
2. Lunges: Lunges work your glutes, quads, and hamstrings. Step forward with one foot, bend both knees to lower your body, then push back up.
3. Plank: Planks target your abs, back, and shoulders. Hold a straight-arm plank position for as long as you can.
4. Squats: Squats work your glutes, quads, and hamstrings. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, lower your body until your thighs are parallel to the ground, then push back up.
5. Tricep dips: Tricep dips target the back of your arms. Sit on the edge of a chair or bench, place your hands shoulder-width apart, then lower your body until your arms form a 90-degree angle, then push back up.
6. Sit-ups: Sit-ups work your abs. Lie on your back with your knees bent, lift your upper body up towards your knees, then lower back down.
7. Calf raises: Calf raises work your calves. Stand on the edge of a step, lower your heels down, then lift up onto your toes.
8. Bridges: Bridges work your glutes and hamstrings. Lie on your back with your knees bent, lift your hips up towards the ceiling, then lower back down.
9. Superman: Superman works your back and shoulders. Lie on your stomach with your arms and legs extended, lift your arms and legs up towards the ceiling, then lower back down.
10. Jumping jacks: Jumping jacks work your whole body. Jump your feet out, raise your arms overhead, then jump back in.
The best part about these workouts is that you can do them anywhere, anytime. You don’t need any equipment or a gym membership, just a little bit of space and some motivation. So next time you’re stuck at home or traveling, try out these resistance training workouts to keep your body strong and fit.