Eating a raw food diet can be a great way to improve your health, increase your energy, and lose weight. But let’s face it, preparing raw meals can take a lot of time and effort. Fortunately, there are some simple hacks that can help you save time and money while still enjoying delicious and nutritious raw meals. Here are nine raw food meal prep hacks to get you started:
1. Plan Ahead: One of the best ways to save time and money is to plan your meals in advance. Spend some time each week creating a meal plan and shopping list, and then prep as much as you can ahead of time.
2. Use Mason Jars: Mason jars are perfect for storing and transporting raw food meals. You can use them to store smoothies, salads, and even raw desserts. They’re also great for portion control.
3. Invest in a Spiralizer: A spiralizer is a handy tool that can turn vegetables into noodles, making it easy to create raw pasta dishes and salads. You can also use it to create veggie ribbons for wraps and sandwiches.
4. Use a Dehydrator: A dehydrator is a must-have tool for anyone following a raw food diet. You can use it to make raw crackers, bread, and even jerky. It’s also a great way to preserve fruits and vegetables.
5. Bulk Up on Nuts and Seeds: Nuts and seeds are an essential part of a raw food diet, and they’re also great for snacking. Buy them in bulk to save money, and then portion them out into snack-sized bags for easy on-the-go snacking.
6. Make Your Own Nut Milk: Nut milk is a staple in many raw food recipes, but store-bought nut milk can be expensive. Save money by making your own nut milk at home using a high-speed blender and a nut milk bag.
7. Prep Veggies in Advance: Chopping vegetables can be time-consuming, so spend some time each week prepping them in advance. Wash, chop, and store them in airtight containers so they’re ready to use when you need them.
8. Freeze Fruits and Veggies: Frozen fruits and veggies are great for smoothies and other raw recipes. Buy them in bulk when they’re in season, and then freeze them in portion-sized bags for easy use.
9. Get Creative with Leftovers: Don’t let leftovers go to waste. Use them to create new meals by adding them to salads, wraps, and smoothies. You can also use them as toppings for raw pizzas and crackers.
Following a raw food diet can be challenging, but these meal prep hacks can help you save time and money while still enjoying delicious and nutritious meals. Give them a try and see how easy and enjoyable raw food meal prep can be!